December 22, 2007

Birthday Cupcakes

Been using my vegan cupcake book lately. 3 different kinds of cupcakes to update. One got eaten really quick so there's only one.

The kinds of cupcakes I have to share with you are:

Basic Golden Cupcake with Orange Buttercream Frosting.

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes.

Mint Cupcakes.

Now my Orange Buttercream Frosting did not turn out well as I did not cream the shortening and margarine well enough. Lesson learned on the cookies and cream frosting but it tasted too buttery to me. Everyone else enjoyed the frosting, I am just picky.

Mint Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache were made and eaten. Haha! Don't worry! I got pictures, AND I found out what I did wrong with my Buttercream Frosting. Creaming was part of it but the fact that I used rice milk instead of soy made a big difference!

Tonight (the 23rd) I made Chocolate Orange cupcakes and Marbled Pink Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes with Blue Buttercream Frosting. I ran out of powdered sugar so I couldn't make Orange Buttercream Frosting. So I decided I'd wait to frost until tomorrow when I am also going to make more Mint cupcakes this time with while chocolate ganache and regular ganache.

Mmm... Happy Holidays everyone!

Till picture time, =D

-Buhri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you post a recipe for the chocolate orange cupcakes? They sound delicious.

Buhri said...

Of course I can do that! (and by the way, they were delicious =D)

I am going to hopefully sit down tonight, get all my pictures and after I post those I'll follow up with some recipes, orange chocolate will be included. =)

-Buhri