January 2, 2008

Pictures for the new year

Did you know it's 2008? I didn't today, causing all sorts of trouble at work. =)

Well, I finally sat down and took the pictures off the camera's disk, cropped them, and uploaded them to photobucket.
Did you notice the name change? I am now Cupcakes with Wings because... I may like earrings, but I left them out a lot and focused more on the cupcake part so, cupcakes with wings because cupcakes are nice. Even Devil's Food cupcakes have wings... cute little bat wings. Hehe =D

Mint Cupcakes


This is from my aunt and uncle's birthday. They are mint chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate ganache and either a white or dark chocolate chip.
I used rice milk in the frosting. That is why it looks so drippy, it tasted fine but to make it look pretty you have to use soy or regular milk.







Now on to the Cookies and Cream Cupcakes...

Before they were frosted...



After being frosted, being presented to the birthday people.





Don't you just wanna eat 'em up?

Vanilla Cupcake with Orange Buttercream frosting... I made these awhile ago, but they got eaten so this was the last one left.


Again, rice milk instead of soy. What can I say, all I had was rice. Looked bad, tasted great.

As for the orange chocolate cupcakes, there's an unsolved mystery with them.
I made a batch of 12, went to sleep, woke up and there were 7 1/2 left. Only four people in the house and everyone denied eating them. The puppies and cats couldn't deny it but they didn't look guilty or sick so... I don't think they did it. So, no pictures because I never frosted them and no one ate them. They wound up getting forgotten about and when I did remember them, they'd gone stale so I tossed them. I'm waiting for a liquor store to be open when I pass by so I can buy some orange liqueur for the cupcakes. Mmm... liquor in baked goods. =D

Oh! Before I close this... if you want to see more pictures go to my photobucket account: http://cupcakesandearrings.photobucket.com

Until next time,

-Buhri

No comments: