March 6, 2008

Down with Fondant!

My own silent war with fondant has been building for quite some time and now I feel like sharing with anyone who wanders here that, fondant is horrible. Sure it makes things look pretty but it makes them taste horrible! I honestly would prefer my food looked weird and tasted great than the other way around. Food is for eating, not just looking.

There has to be something delicious you can make in place of fondant that looks just as good and tastes so much better. Why do all bakers resort to fondant? Why can't we find something that tastes better and looks just as good?

Even Ace of Cakes does it. Every cake they make is usually... fondant. Sometimes there's not even cake involved. I don't like that show anymore because of that. I watched it for awhile and noticed everything got covered with fondant and sometimes there wasn't any cake in their creation (anyone remember the dinosaur?) Rice Krispies was the only really edible thing on that dinosaur!

Okay... I have to end my rant because it's time to get ready for my day job.

Check back for my "Congratulations on your Pregnancy" cupcakes!
I love my friends. =)


Until next time,

Buhri

No comments: