March 17, 2008

Ladybugs and Rainbows

First... the ladybugs. I got the idea from the book, "The Whimsical Bakehouse" but, seeing as I don't have everything they have... I improvised. Big time.
This is one time where I won't post a recipe because... it was kind of a trial and error, 'hey what'll this look like!' kind of a thing. The cupcake is just regular vanilla that I made last night and froze, the frosting is actually a chocolate glaze (recipe in The Whimsical Bakehouse but I modified it to make it smaller).

And now... the green and red ladybugs.


You'll notice the green ladybugs have pupils, the red ones do not. I was getting fed up with the wafer chocolate you see... and I like the non-pupil look. It's kinda freaky and makes you want to eat them just so you don't have to see it.
Aha, you're learning my tricks now. =D




Close up of the spooky non-pupiled eyes.




His pupil is kind of falling off of his eye... not as creepy as no pupil but still very odd.



Ladybug cupcake love.
<3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/Cupcakesandearrings/rainbow2.jpg">

Doesn't that look yummy?



Mmm...



There were only three rainbow cupcakes. But they look just soooo yummy!

And now... for the finale, the piece de resistance... the Real-Life Cupcake... with Wings.



There it is after I piped it out onto parchment paper. I still have to work on my chocolate piping skills, but I think it's cute. (I wish I had candy colors so it could be rainbowy!)



I like the back, it's not lumpy.



You can kind of see my Easter, fuzzy bunny cupcake tins, my cupcakes were small like they always are, so I had to peel them down to dip the tops in the chocolate.



And there it is... the last of the cupcakes all gathered together.
I had a lot of fun making those ones, if I can find candy colors I'll be experimenting more. Maybe I'll try brown and white chocolate piping with colored buttercreams (I have icing gels)!

There it is... a whole night's worth of baking when I should have been working.

Until next time,

Buhri

No comments: